News and Events
Changes to our programs under COVID 19
- The AIDNW Welcome Center is working outdoors and we are taking all necessary precautions to protect both our volunteers and our guests.
- Hospitality House is only accepting people who are released who need to wait a few hours for transportation. No overnight stays are allowed at this time.
- PDAN volunteer drivers are busy taking released immigrants to the airport or to hotels for overnight stays before airport travel.
- Visits are not allowed inside the Detention Center, but our volunteer visitors continue to connect with detainees by writing letters.
- Clothing and other in-kind donations are being accepted only through our Amazon Wish list and can no longer be dropped at the house.
- Monetary donations continue to be accepted through the mail and the website https://aidnw.org/how-to-donate/
GiveBIG campaign success!
Through GiveBIG and GivingTuesday AIDNW received $16,600 from 143 generous donors--surpassing our goal by over 50%! We are so grateful for your support, which is the lifeline of AIDNW, a volunteer-driven non-profit organization whose services are funded 100% by donations and grants. Thank you!
Stay in Touch
Join our Google Group
Join our email Google Group to receive notification of news and events, current volunteer opportunities and donation needs.
9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
Our Community Meeting Roundtable will be held online as a Zoom Webinar, which can be accessed by computer or phone. If you would like to attend, please email email@example.com. A link will be sent out a few days before the meeting.
Advocates for Immigrants in Detention Northwest
We welcome and support people affected by immigration detention by connecting them to resources and the community.
You Make a Difference