News and Events
Changes to our programs under COVID 19
- The AIDNW Welcome Center is working outdoors and we are taking all necessary precautions to protect both our volunteers and our guests.
- Hospitality House is still able to accept guests who need to wait a few hours for transportation. While overnight stays to traveling immigrants are no longer possible, we have started to offer extended stays of 3 – 6 months to immigrants to who plan to make their home in the area (COVID test required) .
- PDAN volunteer drivers are busy taking released immigrants to the airport or to hotels for overnight stays before airport travel.
- Visits are not allowed inside the Detention Center, but our volunteer visitors continue to connect with detainees by writing letters.
- Clothing and other in-kind donations are being accepted only through our Amazon Wish list and can no longer be dropped at the house.
- Monetary donations continue to be accepted through the mail and the website https://aidnw.org/how-to-donate/
PowerPoint Presentation on AIDNW Services
Join our Google Group
Join our email Google Group to receive notification of news and events, current volunteer opportunities and donation needs.
Community Meetings are held every two months and feature a short presentation on topics relating to the detention center as well as updates from AIDNW. Community Meetings are currently held via Zoom. Here are recordings from recent meetings.