Advocates for Immigrants in Detention Northwest
We support immigrant detainees and welcome them on their release
many ways to support
how you can help
learn even more
What We Do
Our volunteers are outside the detention center release gate every weekday from 3-7 pm
waiting to welcome released immigrants
The AIDNW Welcome Center is in an RV stationed outside the release gate, and the immigrants know this is a place where they can get help.
We can arrange for their transportation to the bus station, airport or taxi, and when needed, we provide temporary housing until more permanent arrangements are made.
Tales from the AIDNW Welcome Center
News and Events
Changes to our programs under COVID 19
- The AIDNW Welcome Center is working outdoors and we are taking all necessary precautions to protect both our volunteers and our guests.
- Hospitality House is currently closed, but we hope to reopen soon.
- PDAN volunteer drivers are busy taking released immigrants to the airport or to hotels for overnight stays before airport travel.
- Visits are not allowed inside the Detention Center, but our volunteer visitors continue to connect with detainees by writing letters.
- Clothing and other in-kind donations are being accepted only through our Amazon Wish list and can no longer be dropped at the house.
- Monetary donations continue to be accepted through the mail and the website https://aidnw.org/how-to-donate/
PowerPoint Presentation on AIDNW Services
Join our Google Group
Join our email Google Group to receive notification of news and events, current volunteer opportunities and donation needs.
Community Meetings are held every two months and feature a short presentation on topics relating to the detention center as well as updates from AIDNW. Community Meetings are currently held via Zoom. Here are recordings from recent meetings.
How You Can Help!
Visit or greet a detained immigrant. Provide transportation or other assistance to immigrants staying in our Hospitality House
Come to one of our bimonthly informational meetings.
Join our email Google Group to receive notification of news and events, current volunteer opportunities and donation needs
Link your Fred Meyer rewards card or Amazon Smile Program to support AIDNW