Advocates for Immigrants in Detention Northwest
We support immigrant detainees and welcome them on their release
many ways to support
how you can help
learn even more
Welcoming Immigrants Starts with You
Together We Are a Welcoming Community
- Visit a detained immigrant
- Greet immigrants at the Welcome Center
- Accompany an immigrant to the bus station, airport, hotel, government agencies or community services
- Share your office skills
- For further details, click here
- Questions? Contact: email@example.com
- Complete a volunteer application below
- Provide food, clothing, toiletries or other needed items
- Make a one time or recurring donation to support AIDNW’s work. Monthly donors are recognized as Sustaining Donors
- View our current WISH LIST
Join our Google Group list to receive notification of news and events, current volunteer opportunities and donation needs
Join by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
AIDNW Volunteer Application
click the link below
News and Events
RECORD NUMBERS OF RELEASES!
AIDNW volunteers have been serving as many as 30 released detainee guests each day. Large numbers of immigrants requesting asylum are being brought to Tacoma's NW ICE Processing Center from the southern border, given a court date and released after a short time.
Our volunteers are working in shifts at the AIDNW Welcome Center from 1 to 7 PM Monday through Friday and sometimes later, helping guests plan travel all over the country to reach their family members.
This uptick in guests is straining our resources, and ICE has told us that this level of releases is expected to continue indefinitely.
We ask for your support. We are looking for:
- Additional volunteer drivers
- Welcome Center volunteers
- Monetary contributions.
our Amazon wish list and donation link here: https://aidnw.org/how-to-donate/
our volunteer application on this page: https://aidnw.org/get-involved/
You can also send checks to our office at 1915 Sheridan Ave Tacoma, WA 98405.
It takes a village! We are grateful for all of our community support.
PowerPoint Presentation on AIDNW Services
Join our Google Group
Join our email Google Group to receive notification of news and events, current volunteer opportunities and donation needs.
Community Meetings are held every two months and feature a short presentation on topics relating to the detention center as well as updates from AIDNW. Community Meetings are currently held via Zoom. Here are recordings from recent meetings.