Advocates for Immigrants in Detention Northwest
We welcome and support people affected by immigration detention by connecting them to resources and the community
many ways to support
how you can help
learn even more
Welcoming Immigrants Starts with You
Together We Are a Welcoming Community
- Visit a detained immigrant
- Greet immigrants at the Welcome Center
- Accompany an immigrant to government agencies or community services
- Share your office skills
- Contact: email@example.com
- Provide food, clothing, toiletries or other needed items
- Make a one time or recurring donation to support AIDNW’s work. Monthly donors are recognized as Sustaining Donors
- View our current WISH LIST
- Attend a bimonthly community meeting
- Invite AIDNW to give a presentation at your work, church or organization by contacting Program Manager Deborah Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org
AIDNW Volunteer Application
News and Events
Chair's Fall report
Hello AIDNW Community,
The AIDNW Board of Directors has begun the process of discerning goals for AIDNW in 2021. The combination of the Covid-19 pandemic and current Federal immigration policies has significantly impacted our ability to offer assistance to immigrant detainees in 2020. The largest impact has been on our Welcome Center and Hospitality House Programs.
Welcome Center Program: In September 2020 only 7 immigrants released from detention were served by AIDNW. In September 2019 that figure was 99 immigrants who came from 21 different countries. …. (read more)
Changes to our programs under COVID 19
- The AIDNW Welcome Center is working outdoors and we are taking all necessary precautions to protect both our volunteers and our guests.
- Hospitality House is still able to accept guests who need to wait a few hours for transportation. While overnight stays to traveling immigrants are no longer possible, we have started to offer extended stays of 3 – 6 months to immigrants to who plan to make their home in the area (COVID test required) .
- PDAN volunteer drivers are busy taking released immigrants to the airport or to hotels for overnight stays before airport travel.
- Visits are not allowed inside the Detention Center, but our volunteer visitors continue to connect with detainees by writing letters.
- Clothing and other in-kind donations are being accepted only through our Amazon Wish list and can no longer be dropped at the house.
- Monetary donations continue to be accepted through the mail and the website https://aidnw.org/how-to-donate/
PowerPoint Presentation on AIDNW Services
Community Meetings are held every two months and feature a short presentation on topics relating to the detention center as well as updates from AIDNW. Community Meetings are currently held via Zoom. Here are recordings from recent meetings.
Join our Google Group
Join our email Google Group to receive notification of news and events, current volunteer opportunities and donation needs.
9:30 – 11:00 a.m
Everything you always wanted to know about the AIDNW Board but were afraid to ask
You are welcome to attend the AIDNW Annual Meeting, January 12, 2021 at 5:00pm
If you would like to attend, please email email@example.com. A link will be sent out a few days before the meeting.