Advocates for Immigrants in Detention Northwest
We welcome and support people affected by immigration detention by connecting them to resources and the community
many ways to support
how you can help
learn even more
How You Can Donate
Both one time and monthly donations are gratefully accepted
Become a Sustaining Donor
Recurring monthly donations help us enormously with operational costs
One Time Donation
for showing that you care!
We are pleased to offer a new service for online donations. Through Karma Payments we can accept both one-time and recurring donations, which can be set up at any frequency you choose, using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or your bank account. Donations may still be made through PayPal if you prefer. Through Karma, AIDNW does receive a greater portion of your donation than those made through PayPal, by asking you to pay a processing fee when you donate.
Mail in Donations
Checks may be sent to the office address: 1915 S. Sheridan Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405, and recurring donations can also be arranged through Bill Pay at your bank.
HELP US HELP IMMIGRANTS DURING COVID-19
Please consider making a donation to AIDNW. Here are examples of what your donation could do:
- $25.00 pays for 2 meals
- $60.00 pays for a hotel room for 1 night
- $75.00 pays for a bus ticket and 2 meals
- $100.00 pays for 1 night in a hotel, with dinner and breakfast
- $250.00 pays for an airline ticket
- $350.00 pays for an airline ticket, hotel and food for one night
- $500.00 pays for 2 airline tickets
Thank you for your support!
Welcome Center Wish List
- Individually wrapped bags of chips, peanut butter or cheese crackers, nuts, dried fruit, or cookies (store-bought only please)
- Bottled water (individual size)
- Canned soda
- Fresh fruit such as apples, oranges (no more than one bag as they don’t keep well)
- Paperback ESL Books and bilingual picture dictionaries
Many of these items–and more–can be found on our Amazon Wish List
We have volunteers scheduled to take non-cash donations that can be brought to the AIDNW office, located at 1915 S. Sheridan Ave. in Tacoma between 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays (only those days please).
Hospitality House Wish List
- Pay as you go phone cards for T-Mobile or Nokia phone
- Prepaid international phone cards
- Walmart or Target gift cards to buy shoes or other necessities
- Safeway grocery cards
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Dish soap and laundry soap
Many of these items–and more–can be found on our Amazon wish list
Non-cash donations for all programs can be brought to the AIDNW office located at 1915 S. Sheridan Ave. in Tacoma between 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, 11-3 Tuesdays and Thursdays (only those days please).
Laptop computers for speaker presentations so we can share what we do and who we are.
Cash donations for all our work are greatly appreciated. Please mail checks to: 1915 S. Sheridan Ave., Tacoma, WA 98405
Community Rewards Partners with AIDNW
You can now link your Fred Meyer rewards card to support AIDNW.
Link your card by logging into your Fred Meyer account (or creating an account), then enter “community rewards” in the search box. Or you may click on button below . Under “find (or change) an organization”, type in our full name: “Advocates for Immigrants in Detention NW” to link your card.
Many of these items–and more–can be found on our Amazon Wish List. We will receive extra benefit if you start your purchases at Amazon Smile.
Under the Amazon Smile program you can set your account to donate to AIDNW (using our full name: Advocates for Immigrants in Detention Northwest), at no extra cost to you.
You can do this by going to smile.amazon.com
News and Events
Changes to our programs under COVID 19
- The AIDNW Welcome Center is working outdoors and we are taking all necessary precautions to protect both our volunteers and our guests.
- Hospitality House is only accepting people who are released who need to wait a few hours for transportation. No overnight stays are allowed at this time.
- PDAN volunteer drivers are busy taking released immigrants to the airport or to hotels for overnight stays before airport travel.
- Visits are not allowed inside the Detention Center, but our volunteer visitors continue to connect with detainees by writing letters.
- Clothing and other in-kind donations are being accepted only through our Amazon Wish list and can no longer be dropped at the house.
- Monetary donations continue to be accepted through the mail and the website https://aidnw.org/how-to-donate/
GiveBIG campaign success!
Through GiveBIG and GivingTuesday AIDNW received $16,600 from 143 generous donors--surpassing our goal by over 50%! We are so grateful for your support, which is the lifeline of AIDNW, a volunteer-driven non-profit organization whose services are funded 100% by donations and grants. Thank you!
Welcome Center RV Campaign — We did it!
Thanks to generous supporters, we now have a clean and comfortable new place to greet released detainees!
We are grateful for major gifts from
The Ben B. Cheney Foundation
Gary E. Milgard Family Foundation
Norcliffe Family Foundation
Bamford Family Foundation
Two anonymous donors
Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl
many individuals like you
who welcome immigrants with warmth, dignity and assistance to move on with their lives
Stay in Touch
Join our Google Group
Join our email Google Group to receive notification of news and events, current volunteer opportunities and donation needs.
9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
Our Community Meeting Roundtable will be held online as a Zoom Webinar, which can be accessed by computer or phone. If you would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. A link will be sent out a few days before the meeting.
Advocates for Immigrants in Detention Northwest
We welcome and support people affected by immigration detention by connecting them to resources and the community.
You Make a Difference